Account Executive – Work From Anywhere
We are looking for an Account Executive (AE) eager to work with startups and high growth companies in a fast-paced environment.
This role provides overall assistance to account teams by preparing initial drafts of work (i.e. quarterly plans/recaps, speaker abstracts, client blog posts, and releases) for review. Client and media interaction is a staple of the role and typically includes client calls, staffing briefings, leading proactive pitch outreach, and directly communicating with the client. The AE also works with AAEs and interns, providing guidance and leadership and receiving assistance in return.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Actively contribute on client calls across all accounts
- Deliver agendas and recaps
Writing and Content
- Draft content for press materials, where appropriate including but not limited to:
- Thought leadership content (blog posts, social media content, bylines, awards)
- Press releases
- Media alerts
- Generate creative ideas and angles
- Consistently deliver proficient writing across all assignments
- Draft media outreach pitch mails, identifying proactive angles and trends to leverage for each client
- Assist with media pitching, managing briefing schedules, hosting client briefings and providing recaps
Leadership and Mentoring
- Gatekeeper for AAE/Intern work on accounts, provide mentorship and guidance as needed
This job description reflects the agency’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict work that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2-years public relations experience agency or in-house
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with digital and social media
- College degree in public relations or communications preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to edit and provide productive feedback
- Proficient with AP style
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Able to receive direction, ask appropriate clarifying questions, and make effective progress opposite tasks and deliverables
- Advanced familiarity with media relations and developing media pitches
- Able to develop and maintain positive relationships with internal staff and external account contacts
- Able to provide effective direction and support to AAEs and interns
- Account of project management experience preferred
- Intellectually curious, well-read and stays abreast of current trends and events
- Motivated self-starter able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Works with a sense of urgency and operates efficiently
- Demonstrated confidence to take on new, higher level work, balanced with good judgment and appropriate questioning to clarify when unsure
- Able to earn trust and credibility with others, internally and externally
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing account demands
- Able to work against deadlines in a high-volume environment and keen interest in working with fast-paced startups
- Accepting of feedback (willing to hear and course-correct) and a desire to be mentored by senior staff
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. Employees occupying this position will be required to follow any other related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by the agency.
You can learn more about the agency and our core values here.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!